Thursday, April 3, 2008

Handwriting Key to Learning | Newsweek Education | Newsweek.com

http://www.newsweek.com/id/67956

Above is a link to a fascinating article on handwriting and learning.
Previously I posted a link to an article on handwriting that had me
questioning the value of handwriting skills in our new digital age. By
the way, if you did not get a chance to read the comment left over,
please take a look. It is a personal response that truly touches the
heart of the issue and opens avenues for greater discussion and
reflection.

The article above from Newsweek argues that handwriting is an
important part of the learning process. What do you think. In my first
grade classroom we cover the process of writing but I do not heavily
cover the handwriting "talent" of each child. I am constantly pushing
and trying to get better stories from my students. Have I been missing
the key all along?

Maurice Draggon

No comments: